Software Engineer, Mobile Platform
Home-based in multiple countries, or in one of our global offices
Possible locations for this position are home-based or in-office in Canada, the U.K., France, New Zealand, or the U.S., or home-based in Australia, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, or Sweden.
The Mozilla Corporation is looking for skilled developers to work with the Mozilla Open Source community and partner companies to develop the next generation of web experiences for mobile devices. This is a small enthusiastic team that aims to affect millions of users every day! Come help shape the future of the web on mobiles.
We are looking for you to come in and contribute to the core Gecko platform as well as one or more mobile platforms. In general we are looking for people with strong fundamentals, ability to problem solve, and the ability to come up to speed on a large and complex code base.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
* 3+ years experience developing C/C++ applications
* Experience in systems programming, tools development, interpreters/compilers, or graphical layout engines
* Experience developing multi-platform client applications
* Previous mobile experience a huge plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
* Ability to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
* Participating and contributing to Open Source projects is desirable
Engineering: Open Positions
- Software Engineer, Platform
- Web Compatibility Engineer
- Senior Developer Tools Engineer
- Software Engineer, Mobile Platform
- Software Engineer, Firefox OS
- Sr. Mobile Graphics Engineer
- Automation Systems Developer
- Senior Research Engineer, Servo
- Metro Front-end Engineer
- Paris Hackathon
- Software Engineer, Stability
- Software Engineer, Platform
- Performance Engineer
Mozilla is a thriving community of intelligent, principled and passionate individuals who build software to preserve choice, openness, and innovation on the Internet. We work in the open on hard problems to ensure that the future of the Web is not dominated by large corporate interests, but driven by the idea that individual users should always be in control or their online lives. Join us!
We Are Global
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries and 25 US states
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- Nine principal offices: Mt. View, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Beijing, Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices around the world
And so are our benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Great health coverage
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical brownbags and invited speakers each month
Because we love what we do!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code in the open and we ship in the open
- We directly impact over 450 Million users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web's users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits