As the Editor-in-Chief you will be responsible for the content and quality of Mozilla Voices, a NPR/PBS style content series about technology, people, and missions across the world curated by our Mozilla vision. Examples of the type of content include highlighting women who code in Syria, the latest Techstars class in Boulder, and a series of built-at-home technologies in Namibia.
You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work with other key organizations. You will be responsible for storyboards, concepts, treatments, scripts, research, and everything else that goes into web content. You will work with a digital agency that serves as our production house (they have green screens, edit bays, etc) and liaison with them to make sure that what they film is of the quality and voice of the Mozilla standard. Our expectation is that the video content series appears once per week but additional content (text, infographics, etc) might come out more frequently.
* Responsible for being the curator and editorial voice of Mozilla
* Own the day to day of Mozilla Voices reporting into VP, Content Services
* Deliver a fully produced 3-5 minute video each week along with complementary content
* Work with your peer, the Publisher of Mozilla Voices, to facilitate underwriting and sponsorship of our content
* Manage a content team of part-time contributors and coordinate world-wide crowdsourcing of content
* Ensure that Mozilla creates high quality entertaining content that is aligned with the Mozillian mission
* Must be able to collaboratively work with outside production company to execute to Voices channel
* Must have excellent relationships around the Mozilla organization and community
* Ability to build bridges across the organization and identify thought leaders and passion
* Strong managerial skills
* Must be comfortable on-screen if necessary
* Excellent interview skills
* Experience working globally a plus
* Knowledge of technology is a plus, but a world view is required
* Travel required
Desired personal Characteristics:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with peers, management, and communities of users
* Must be inquisitive, passionate and upbeat
* Must be organized and dependable
* Must work well under pressure
We’re looking for world-class talent to join Mozilla. If you are passionate about creating meaningful content, there is no better place to be than at Mozilla.