Interaction Designer, Firefox Mobile OS
Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
In your role as Interaction Designer, you will be primarily responsible for exploring and defining the behavior of Firefox phone and it's components. With a team of other designers you will research, conceptualize, generate and iterate design solutions to mobile touch-interface tasks. You will also work closely with developers along the way, combining your design creativity with their technical skills to arrive at better solutions, faster, and then support them closely through out the implementation process.
* Advanced degree in interaction design, HCI or related field (or equivalent experience)
* At least 2 years design experience working at a mobile phone manufacturer/ carrier/ partner (Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, RIM, Google, etc)?
* Strong portfolio of interaction design?
* Mobile design experience (web and/or native)?
* Ability to rapidly generate, visualize and iterate design solutions in collaborative environment.
* Problem framing and solving skills?
* Great communication skills for working with cross-functional teams
* Multi-disciplinary, always-learning mind set?
* Visual design talent (icons, color theory, typography, composition, motion, etc)?
* Development experience (web or native)?
* Localization and accessibility experience
- User Experience
Mozilla is a thriving community of intelligent, principled and passionate individuals who build software to preserve choice, openness, and innovation on the Internet. We work in the open on hard problems to ensure that the future of the Web is not dominated by large corporate interests, but driven by the idea that individual users should always be in control or their online lives. Join us!
We Are Global
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries and 25 US states
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- Nine principal offices: Mt. View, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Beijing, Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices around the world
And so are our benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Great health coverage
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical brownbags and invited speakers each month
Because we love what we do!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code in the open and we ship in the open
- We directly impact over 450 Million users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web's users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits