Senior Product Manager, Web API Platform
Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto or Vancouver, CA, United States
Mozilla is seeking a seasoned Product Manager to drive the strategy and direction of Web APIs for the Mozilla Platform. This individual will help define the strategy for enabling web developers to successfully develop first class applications and services for the desktop and for mobile devices. This role involves looking out across Mozilla's platform and products including Firefox for desktop & mobile (Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android) and Firefox Mobile OS and surveying customers, partners, and developers in an effort to define a consistent web application development experience.
- Define and drive the Mozilla Platform WebAPI strategy and roadmap and review it with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with and collect requirements from Mozilla customers and partners including Content Sites, Operators, Device and Chipset manufacturers, and Application Developers in order to determine API needs
- Lead the strategy development effort for unique features and services to differentiate Mozilla’s platform
- Drive the delivery of API documentation
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional internal teams including platform engineering, the Firefox Mobile OS team, the Firefox on Android team, Developer Tools team, and more.
- Evaluate Mozilla’s existing API platform to determine opportunities for improvement and refinement
- Thoroughly investigate the needs of web developers in an effort to optimize the platform
- Drive effective understanding, linkage, and prioritization of projects and resources, across development teams
- Deliver key product management functions, including backlog development and assessment, competitive analysis, user story/use-case development, product roadmap creation and management, user persona development and etc…
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to accelerate momentum
- A technical and/or business degree
- At least 7 years of Product Management experience
- Deep understanding of the web as a platform for development
- Understanding of mobile technologies and hardware capabilities
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and team player skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product stakeholders
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Strategic planning expertise, the ability to manage change, and the desire to operate effectively within an aggressive organization
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action, and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail while following the high-level strategy and goals of the project.
- Ability to multitask a variety of assignments and proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Organized and dependable
- Travel required
- Product Management
Mozilla is a thriving community of intelligent, principled and passionate individuals who build software to preserve choice, openness, and innovation on the Internet. We work in the open on hard problems to ensure that the future of the Web is not dominated by large corporate interests, but driven by the idea that individual users should always be in control or their online lives. Join us!
We Are Global
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries and 25 US states
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- Nine principal offices: Mt. View, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Beijing, Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices around the world
And so are our benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Great health coverage
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical brownbags and invited speakers each month
Because we love what we do!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code in the open and we ship in the open
- We directly impact over 450 Million users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web's users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits