Client Engineering - Systems Administrator
Mountain View, CA, United States
Mozilla is seeking a Corporate IT System Administrator. As part of the IT organization candidates must be passionate about technology, live for customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast paced, high-pressure environments. Job focus is to support internal company applications, programs and operations day to day and anticipate future needs.
Open Source means means freedom, and therefore exposure to new and cutting edge technologies that aren’t available in a traditional desktop organization. You will be able to expand your knowledge into multi platform and multi-system environments. When you come to work for us, you become the master of making things work together seamlessly.
You have the opportunity to make an impact on an organization beyond helping troubleshoot and resolving tickets. You will get the ability to participate in new product launches, community outreach, and evangelism of the software that powers the web.
* Administer, monitor and provide top level support for Corporate IT hosted services – Email, Client backups, Client Encryption, Video Conferencing, etc.
* Plan, communicate and perform product and platform upgrades
* Provide thought leadership in defining systems and operational processes
* Research potential products and systems that align with business goals and values
* Manage and maintain trouble ticketing system for ServiceDesk and Facilities
* Facilitate data integration with multiple systems to produce accurate, consistent information
* Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling, graphic analysis and reporting
* Quickly troubleshoot/resolve complex issues in a global support environment and provide appropriate follow-up
* Document departmental policies, practices and procedures as needed
* Deliver continual improvement processes for infrastructure projects
* Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas
* Administer cloud based technologies such as Box, Google Apps, and Smartsheet, etc.
* Analyze, install, acquire, modify and support operating systems, database or utilities software
* Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems
* World Class customer service and interaction skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills on technologically complex issues
* Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
* Strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills necessary for independent project work
* Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issue quickly when appropriate
* Strong team collaborative skills to interact with company infrastructure teams across the IT organization
* Ability to understand big picture needs with organizational skills for day to day task management
* Highly motivated, flexible, organized and independent with a focus on successfully accomplishing the requirements of the job.
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written format across all levels of the organization and with external vendors
* Demonstrated proficiency with web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, etc.
* Strong understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent business experience.
* Strong computer skills required.
* Minimum 3 years of experience supporting enterprise wide applications
Mozilla is a thriving community of intelligent, principled and passionate individuals who build software to preserve choice, openness, and innovation on the Internet. We work in the open on hard problems to ensure that the future of the Web is not dominated by large corporate interests, but driven by the idea that individual users should always be in control or their online lives. Join us!
We Are Global
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries and 25 US states
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- Nine principal offices: Mt. View, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Beijing, Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices around the world
And so are our benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Great health coverage
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical brownbags and invited speakers each month
Because we love what we do!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code in the open and we ship in the open
- We directly impact over 450 Million users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web's users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits