University: 2013 Firefox Engineering Intern
Mountain View, CA, United States
We want human-focused engineers to put users in control of their online lives, and to deliver great experiences across devices. You will use a variety of technologies to build and improve Firefox features and front end performance. You will be judged by how much awesome you add to our users' lives.
Possible locations for this position are Mountain View, San Francisco and Toronto.
Come shape the future of the web.
* Good understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS and JS)
* Design sense for developing intuitive user interfaces
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
Nice to have:
* Great foundation in at least one of JS/C/C++/Java
* Experience developing XUL applications a major plus
* Experience developing mobile native and web-based applications
* Participating and contributing to Open Source projects a *huge* plus
Below are the 3 teams you will likely join:
Mozilla's Services project (https://services.mozilla.com) exists to give users even more power, flexibility and control over their lives online with products such as Firefox Sync and Firefox Home. We are looking for engineers who can design and implement features for the Services project across various client and server platforms. This is your opportunity to contribute to the success of Mozilla’s latest Open Source project and share in the satisfaction of building services that will be used by millions.
Help us build Firefox! The Firefox team is the engineering group responsible for putting an intuitive, performant, and delightful user interface on top of the Gecko rendering engine. Our interns hack directly on user-facing features, working with other engineers as well as designers and user experience professionals to help Firefox serve its users better.
Our interns have built new UI features from scratch (like about:permissions), have built frameworks to support whole classes of tools (like source map support for our developer tools), and have precision-tuned and optimized our existing features (like our phishing/malware databases).
If you want to make the web a better place, if you understand why that experience starts with the pixels on the users screen, and if you have the chops to make it all better: we want to talk to you. For updates on current projects, check out Planet Firefox -- http://planet.firefox.com/
3. Firefox Android
We are looking for students with strong front-end development experience (JS, HTML, CSS and XML) to develop the next generation of web experiences for mobile devices. This is a small enthusiastic team that aims to affect millions of users every day!
Mozilla is a thriving community of intelligent, principled and passionate individuals who build software to preserve choice, openness, and innovation on the Internet. We work in the open on hard problems to ensure that the future of the Web is not dominated by large corporate interests, but driven by the idea that individual users should always be in control or their online lives. Join us!
We Are Global
- 500+ paid staff from over 30 countries and 25 US states
- Thousands of active contributors across six continents
- Nine principal offices: Mt. View, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, Auckland, Paris, London, Beijing, Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices around the world
And so are our benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Great health coverage
- Travel and conference budgets
- Ability to work using the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Dozens of technical brownbags and invited speakers each month
Because we love what we do!
- We take bold technical leaps
- We code in the open and we ship in the open
- We directly impact over 450 Million users
- We build technology for the benefit of the Web's users and creators
- We work in a culture defined by principles over profits