Responsibilities will include secure design and architecture of complex web services and developer tools, extending our system and network incident detection and response capabilities into the cloud, performing risk based security assessment and reviews of current and future services, and building security tools for securing and assessing cloud instances.
* Develop, implement and operate controls to secure cloud-based systems
* Utilize cloud-based APIs when appropriate to write network/system level tools for securing cloud environments
* Recognize, adopt, utilize and teach best practices in cloud security engineering
* Participate in efforts to promote security throughout the project and build good working relationships within the team and with others across Mozilla
* Participate in efforts that tailor the company’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
* Define, assess, and communicate security risk to product owners
* Develop reference architectures and proof of concept implementations of cloud security environments
* Demonstrated experience rationalizing, implementing, operating and maintaining security controls in cloud and hybrid cloud environments
* 3-5 years of experience with security engineering: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) security. Special focus on building highly resilient, multi regions infrastructures.
* Strong understanding of AWS services catalog and architecture.
* Experience with Python and developing API clients
* Experience with Linux operating system development and network protocols.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
* Internet and operating system security fundamentals
* Fundamentals of private cloud solutions, including vCloud, Stackato, OpenStack
* Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
* Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale