Product Marketing Manager, Firefox Mobile ApplicationsApply for this job
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
Mozilla is looking for an expert mobile app product marketer to develop the product marketing strategy for Firefox on both Android and iOS devices.
With over 350M monthly Firefox users around the world, and tens of million users are already using Firefox on Android and iOS, you’ll be working to bring new products to market at scale, with the full benefits of a global brand and well-resourced company behind you.
As the product marketing manager for Firefox on mobile, you will contribute to the overall messaging and positioning for Firefox-branded applications on both Android and iOS devices. You’ll be expected to create a strategy to inform your partners in the product, acquisition, and lifecycle teams to drive growth and retention for Firefox on mobile devices.
In addition to contributing towards global marketing efforts for the product, you will also aid in driving insightful product decisions by representing and advocating for the needs of users throughout the product life cycle.
You will work closely with product management, engineering, business development, creative and communications teams. This position reports to the Head of Consumer Product Marketing for Firefox.Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic, insight-driven marketing strategy recommendations, demonstrating a deep understanding of the bold marketplace and industry trends.
- Define messaging and positioning that will inform marketing partners deliver effective campaigns for the product including advertising (online and offline), SEM, PR, social media, and retention.
- Collaborate with team members across the global Mozilla community to help facilitate their efforts.
- Maintain touch-points with users both on Mozilla-owned websites and in-product.
- Coordinate communications with each product release.
- Report product market performance to the community and leverage insight to optimize future efforts.
- You are an experienced app marketer that always advocates for the user.
- You love discovering new apps and staying up to date on app innovations.
- Whittling down complex feature sets into clear product positioning and messaging is your jam.
- Fearless, entrepreneurial, curious, collaborative, willing to take risks.
- 5+ years in product marketing, and 3+ years of experience managing marketing programs in mobile.
- You are highly organized, and an awesome, clear communicator.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to analyze data and research to create strategic visions.
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team.
- Fluent in one language in addition to English a plus.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record; MBA a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.