Head of Agile Coaching and PMO - MarketingApply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
At Mozilla we find unique advantages to compete day to day with the biggest and wealthiest companies in the world. This is especially true in Marketing, where we are uncommonly creative as we tell the story of our brands and products to consumer, developer and partner audiences around the world. One of the key areas we look for leverage is process and people management; that’s why we’ve put aside the traditional marketing playbook and built our organization around the principles of Agile Marketing.
We’re seeking a leader and coach who will help us build the model for a modern marketing org built on cross-functional teams working iteratively to find new efficiencies and messaging resonance. We prize experiments over year-long plans. We measure everything we can. We break down work into manageable workflows and limit distractions. We strive to obsess about our users and put them at the heart of everything we do.
While Agile Marketing has been an industry buzzword for the last few years, there is no playbook for how it should work and we’re looking for an expert to help write one. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations, you’ll be responsible for the Program Management function and ensure that global marketing projects are executed in an integrated, high-quality manner that’s in tune with our Agile Marketing model. As an experienced Agile coach, you will ensure we follow Agile approaches and values. This may mean that you will invent new methods along the way as you better understand the nature of our work. You will develop your team of program managers into Agile guides who can coach their teams and find new opportunities for breakthrough teamwork.
Even as we near two years as an Agile Marketing team, we need a leader who will continue to evangelize our programs, develop scalable training materials and onboarding programs and measure the success of our systems.
Practical Agile experience and demonstrated success in building extraordinary teams are required. Experience with Agile processes in a marketing team is required; at a minimum, understanding of the marketing function is necessary.
Core responsibilities include:
- Continuously refine our definition of Agile marketing and own our playbook
- Coach and mentor marketers, including program managers, team leads and senior leaders/executives to use Agile principles and frameworks in order to meet our objectives
- Act as a subject matter authority on scaling Agile Marketing and provide scalable, reusable training to make sure our teams are always improving their use of Agile
- Develop a team of program managers into expert Agile coaches who can help you scale programs and process improvement across the organization
- Know that we can always improve and that Agile Marketing is an evolving, transformative idea. It needs cultivation and refinement. You will constantly look for opportunities for improvement.
- Five or more years working as an Agile coach in a marketing or technology organization
- Five or more years as a manager or trainer for Agile coaches
- Validated ability to lead big changes across large teams
- Passion for process improvement and coaching teams to exceed expectations
- Fluency with speaking to all levels of the organization and to disciplines like creative, engineering and marketing
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. As Head of Marketing PMO you’ll help pull the whole team together and lead complex projects across the entire organization
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.