Manager, Data Science - FirefoxApply for this job
- Product Management
- Mountain View, San Francisco
At Mozilla, we want to make Firefox better for our users. We collect terabytes of data a day from millions of users to guide our decision-making. We could use your help.
As a manager on the data science team, you will own a critical piece of the Firefox organization. Data scientists work closely with product and engineering management to enable decisions and contribute insights that push our mission forward and in the right direction. They build models and design experiments that improve our understanding of how Firefox works at scale, from questions ranging from technical performance to user behavior. We are looking for an opinionated manager with technical chops who is excited to marshal a data science team to shape the future of the Web. You will manage a small team of data scientists and will be responsible for career mentorship and technical guidance. You will work with leadership to define and execute strategies to make Firefox better through the ethical use and application of the data contributed by our users.
As a data science manager...
- You are comfortable steering a team of 5-8 data scientists to align with product strategy, business priorities, and Mozilla’s greater mission
- You pride yourself on your ability to communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences across Mozilla
- You define requirements for data scientists to other parts of the Firefox organization
- You collaborate with product and engineering management to create new initiatives and refine existing processes that increase the impact of the data science team
- You possess a strategic mindset and find motivation in creatively solving problems
- You establish best practices for data science workflows and know how to create an environment and team culture that enables data scientists to perform at their best
- You have a strong desire to contribute to Mozilla’s mission through data science
Your professional profile
- 5+ years of industry experience in the data science (or related) profession
- 3+ years of experience managing data scientists or other demonstrated leadership
- You have experience with a breadth of analytical methodologies and possess a solid foundation in numerous statistical techniques
- You also have experience with common data science technologies, namely SQL, Python, and R, as well as familiarity with conventional code and programming concepts
- You have strong communication skills; experience speaking at industry or academic conferences a plus
- You consider contributing to a collaborative and open team culture an important responsibility
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.