Senior Firefox Engineering Program Manager - FissionApply for this job
- Project/Program Management
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto
Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to delivering great products.
The Firefox Engineering team is seeking a Program Manager who is an exceptional leader and who thrives in getting into the details and leverages their organizational skills to help create a high-performance team. We are looking for someone to lead in a highly cross functional role spanning multiple engineering teams that support the core browser internal technologies: Security, DOM, and Rendering. This engineering program manager will provide the support we need to build an architecture that secures the browser while minimizing impacts on Memory and Performance by collaborating closely with product, software engineering, design, research, QA, and other dependency teams to help prioritize, manage, and track deliverables. The position is very hands-on and will require a deep understanding of the product requirements in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, and fulfilling product development process.
As a Senior Firefox Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Detect, communicate, track, and manage program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus across a highly matrixed organization.
- 10+ years working in Project or Program Management
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management and cross-functional teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience building consumer desktop and mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, and Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.