Senior Product Manager, New Form FactorsApply for this job
- Product Management
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen plenty of new devices with novel form factors appear in the market, extending the internet beyond the familiar surfaces of laptops, phones and tablets to VR/AR headsets, voice assistants, and more. At the same time, we’re also tracking new developments like Chrome OS extending to tablets and supporting Android apps, the emergence of new OSes like Google’s project Fuchsia, and more.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will identify emerging consumer-facing product opportunities on these up-and-coming devices and OSes, while preserving Mozilla’s strong focus on consumer privacy and security. In close collaboration with other teams, you will drive the development and deployment of these new experiences, and build scalable long-term product strategies.
- Work together with Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies, Engineering, Business Development, User Research and Design teams to identify and prioritize targets for new product experimentation.
- Define the vision, strategy, and business cases for early-stage products and services.
- Facilitate and support lightweight product validation and research.
- Work with Firefox Product and Engineering leadership to identify high-value integration points for new products.
- Define product goals and assist in building the dashboards to track them.
- Drive new products from prototype stage all the way to launch.
- Build scalable long-term product strategies.
- Ability to drive technically focused teams to shipping successful consumer-facing products from ideation through design, development and implementation.
- Strong technical literacy: preferably comfort with Android, VR/AR, and modern web development best practices and recent developments.
- Strong networking skills; good industry contacts are a plus.
- Experience with lightweight concept validation and qualitative user research methodologies.
- Ability to work with teams across a wide range of time zones, and stay on top of multiple work streams.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.