Product Designer, User Growth (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
We’re looking for a passionate and driven Product Designer to help us attract new users and guide them to become successful using Pocket.
At Pocket, we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company: Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017. At Pocket, you’ll have the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, projects that have meaningful impact on large numbers of people and that affect Pocket’s success.
We have many design challenges in our pipeline, and you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts. You’ll use your full range of skills from user experience, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and user research to build impactful experiences.
Here at Pocket, we’re motivated by how we can improve people’s lives online: how they find and consume content, become informed and inspired by topics that interest them, and do so in ways that respect their time and privacy. Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Design, launch, learn, and iterate on ways to acquire and retain new users and re-engage lapsed Pocket users on a variety of platforms and environments, including Firefox, the web, iOS, and Android
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams, using a highly iterative design process
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by conducting and analyzing user research
- Contribute and share with the design team on a regular basis, pushing the visual style of Pocket forward and helping maintain design consistency and excellence
What you already have:
- A diverse portfolio that demonstrates your skills in design across a range of UX/UI, product, and graphic design projects
- A strong visual communications design background
- Experience designing products for web and mobile platforms
- A mindset for design systems and consistent, reusable patterns
- A passion for validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- Great communication skills and an ability to explain your design decisions clearly, including the problem you are solving, alternative options you considered, and preferred solutions
- An interest in high-level product strategy and vision and a recognition of how your work can impact it
- A desire to work in a self-driven environment with short feedback loops
- A comfort with sharing your opinions balanced with a collaborative attitude and deep empathy for users
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.