Senior Product Designer, Discovery (Pocket)Apply for this job
- San Francisco
We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Senior Product Designer to lead design for Pocket’s content recommendations platform.
At Pocket, we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company: Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017. At Pocket, you’ll have the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, projects that have meaningful impact on large numbers of people and that affect Pocket’s success.
We have many design challenges in our pipeline, and you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts, directly responsible for decisions that form the product and impact the daily experience of millions. You’ll use your full range of skills from user experience, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and user research to build impactful experiences.
Here at Pocket, we’re motivated about how we can improve people’s lives online: how they find and consume content, become informed and inspired by topics that interest them, and do so in ways that respect their time and privacy. Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Design new product experiences that take content recommendations from Pocket’s platform to a variety of platforms and environments, including Firefox, the web, iOS, and Android
- Work with our tight-knit, collaborative team, guided by a highly iterative design process
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by conducting and analyzing user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts, business development, sales, and support teams to define the product and user experience strategy
- Push the visual style of Pocket forward and help maintain its consistency by designing and documenting visual systems and style guides
What you already have:
- A diverse portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills in product design
- Three or more years of experience designing cross-platform products for desktop, web, iOS, and Android
- Demonstrated success with both launching new features as well as improving existing features
- A passion for validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- A mindset for both detail-oriented UI and micro-interactions as well as design systems and consistent, reusable patterns
- Great communication skills and an ability to explain your design decisions clearly, including the problem you are solving, alternative options you considered, and preferred solutions
- An interest in high-level product strategy and vision and a recognition of how your work can impact it
- A desire to work in a self-driven environment with short feedback loops
- A comfort with sharing your opinions balanced with a collaborative attitude and deep empathy for users
- A strong point of view on design and a sensibility compatible with Pocket’s visual style
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.