Senior CopywriterApply for this job
- San Francisco
At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. The Pocket app and platform are essential ways that over 100 million people discover and spend time with exceptional content. It’s a dedicated place where people can capture and save the content that fascinates them—articles, stories, videos—and then absorb it when they’re ready.
Pocket is looking for a copywriter to join our growing team.
You will be responsible for helping millions of people who crave substance, insight, and perspective to discover, download, and use Pocket. You’ll articulate to potential users what Pocket is and how it fits into their life. For users, you’ll illuminate how Pocket works and help them build a ritual.
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. If you want to make an impact on advancing high-quality content on the web, enable people to spend time with content that matters to them, and build a brand with purpose at its core, let’s talk! It’s an exciting role for the right person.
In this role, you will:
- Help to build the Pocket brand, defining and shaping our voice and personality.
- Concept and create campaigns that raise awareness, and drive conversion and growth.
- Encourage and ensure consistency of idea and tone across every touchpoint.
- Concept and write compelling copy for marketing and engagement: campaigns, web copy, blogs, scripts, social, emails, product announcements, on boarding, and notifications.
- Assist within-product copy, including UX writing and feature naming.
- Be a cross-discipline collaborator, working alongside product management, growth, business development, creative, marketing and communications teams to ensure we’re telling the Pocket story and reinforcing the right messages to the right audiences across each touchpoint and moment.
- Report to the Director of Marketing.
The foundation and experience you already have:
- You are a storyteller who can see potential and turn that potential into something that everyone can connect with.
- You’re passionate about users, human-first in your approach, and understand how to tap into an insight to tell an amazing story in a digital-first medium.
- You are able to draw inspiration and focus from a brand positioning, user research, personas, and user data.
- You have a desire and ability to concept and write constantly, creatively, and succinctly in different contexts, specifically marketing and in-product.
- You have the ability to take a big idea and positioning and pull the idea through the product and every feature—as well as the ability to consider product features and relate them back to a user need.
- Hard-working, can-do, collaborative, able to work independently, but open to input and feedback.
- A human-first perspective, always thinking about building relationships with our users and community through the words we use and the way we communicate.
- 5+ years copywriting with deep experience writing copy for campaigns, websites, apps or other digital products—for consumer or technology brands.
HINT FOR APPLICANTS: For this role especially, we care about cover letters and a strong portfolio or body of work. Show us what you’ve got!
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.