Lead/Senior Firefox Android EngineerApply for this job
- Emerging Markets
Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. Firefox for Android embodies those values, and aims to support Mozilla's mission on mobile. Our goal is to extend the spirit of Firefox from every angle for mobile. We are looking for a few top-notch Android Application Engineers to help us shape the position of Mozilla in Asia.
As a Firefox Android Engineer at Mozilla, you will...
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for a large and complex Android app
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code.
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed development team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community, which includes mentoring contributors
Your Professional Profile
- Strong coding skills in Java, Kotlin
- Experience building and shipping quality Android applications
- Experience working with web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- Ability to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
We're looking for great communicators who care about people, and who want to make a great web browser for Android. We of course prefer applicants with extensive experience building Android applications. We also have a lead role for the team. For applicants for the lead role, we expect that you come with experience leading engineering teams. If you can see yourself forming part of a tight-knit global team, collaborating in the open to ship software that improves the online experience of users all across the world, then we’d love to hear from you.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.