Senior Staff Software Engineer, Network Protocol ImplementationApply for this job
- Denver, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Toronto
The Mozilla Corporation's Runtime team is looking for skilled developers to work on a first-class networking stack that will enable the next generation of web experiences. This is a small enthusiastic team that affects millions of users every day!
As a Senior Staff Network Engineer here at Mozilla, you will...
- Improve code stability, correctness, and performance.
- Keep Firefox’s HTTP and other (Websockets, etc) code up to date with emerging standards.
- Assist with development of 6-12 month roadmap for Necko team work and demonstrate technical leadership to other teams across Mozilla.
- Work on securing and hardening Firefox’s network system from attacks.
- Manage risk associated with Necko team’s work and mentor coworkers.
Your Professional Profile
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years experience developing applications in a system-level programming language.
- Experience developing standards and participating in the IETF.
- Understanding of security and privacy issues impacting the Internet and how that relates to the implementation of Firefox’s networking code.
- Significant experience with writing networking code, including strong familiarity with tools such as Wireshark and protocols such as TCP, UDP, TLS, DNS, and HTTP.
- Experience in systems programming, multi-threaded development, and profiling tools.
- Experience developing multi-platform (Windows, OSX, Linux, mobile) client applications.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively participate as part of a geographically-distributed Open Source development team.
- Experience with web server and/or router technologies is a plus.
- Ability to learn a large and complex multi-language code base.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.