Executive Assistant - Chief Executive OfficerApply for this job
- People & Organizational Development
- Mountain View
Mozilla Corporation is searching for an Executive Assistant to work in the Office of the CEO, partnering with our Chief Executive Officer. This poised and polished C-level Executive Assistant practices outstanding effective communications; unquestionable discretion and confidentiality; and independent judgment in the planning, prioritization, and execution of strategic projects, tasks, demands, and assignments that support both internal and external stakeholders.
The exceptional candidate demonstrates strong leadership acumen; has a collaborative work style; is exceptionally well organized; and effectively multi-tasks and prioritizes in a rapidly changing business environment. This position requires extensive use of communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitative, and written/verbal. The selected Executive Assistant must be proficient and poised in a fast paced, high demand organization and operates with impeccable professional finesse; flawless accuracy and quality assurance; and drives to innovative results through complex problem-solving skills.
The position is based in our Mountain View Office, and the successful candidate will be expected to work from the office location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Executive Assistant support to the Chief Executive Officer and Office of the CEO.
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company; and handles information and details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Collects and prepares critical information to be used in projects, tasks, and daily assignments for use in discussions/meetings of internal executive leaders and their staff and key external stakeholders.
- Prepares sophisticated presentation materials for CEO and Board of Director meetings.
- Uses discretion to make decisions on projects and programs that support the CEO and ensures projects and programs required for the CEO’s success are driven to completion.
- Leads medium to major projects on behalf of the CEO, including leadership team events and agendas; long-term executive calendar planning; and strategic planning.
- Leads projects across the Mozilla Executive Assistant population to achieve broad company-wide outcomes.
- Master of time management to drive executive effectiveness. Seeks and uses understanding of CEO priorities to maximize time spent there. Regularly defrags executive calendars to ensure the CEO is focused on the highest priorities, including time for strategy and thinking.
Innovation and Complexity
- Works on complex problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of alternate solutions.
- Addresses potential problem areas for the CEO in advance, including working across functions to ensure important stakeholders are involved in the right decisions and discussions.
- Resolves complicated work alignment across other Executive Assistants and Mozilla Teams who support the CEO.
- Exercises impeccable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Communication and Influence
- Builds strong relationships up, across and downward in the organization.
- Reacts quickly with change and supports others through change management initiatives.
- Demonstrates unquestionable discretion on confidential information and details of a critical nature.
- Daily advanced calendaring, meeting preparations, and assisting the CEO by anticipating their day (meeting agendas, conference/video call meeting setups, etc).
- Effective business communications with other Mozilla Senior Executives, other external C-Level Executives, and their Executive Assistants.
- Complex arrangement and coordination of international travel schedules and trip logistics.
- Financial Management: opening finance and legal tickets, tracking expenditures and overall budget maintenance in partnership with the Finance team.
- Triaging Requests: request screening, acknowledgment, routing, via email and phone and other communication means (Slack, text, etc.) all the way from beginning to request completion.
- Overall understanding and management of the company operations, policies, and procedures.
Exceptional Skills and Experience Required:
- 7-10+ years of high level, complex, and significant executive administration work experience for a C-level executive.
- Experience in working with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as experience with customers, vendors, visitors, and other dignitaries/stakeholders.
- Requires the in-depth knowledge and abilities to quickly learn a company culture, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Creates leverage for executives to dramatically increase their productivity.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and conflict management.
- Critical thinking, decision making, and creative problem solving skills.
- Critical anticipation, proactive, and judgment skills. Ability to quickly problem solve in a dynamic environment and “think on your feet.”
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional and proven organizational, time management, and scheduling skills; attention to detail, world-class follow-through. Responsive to changing demands.
- Project management/coordination and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for developing, executing, learning, improving, and sharing best practices. Process improvement skills.
- Business meetings, strategic planning meetings, and event coordination. Ideally, experience in C-level team business and activities.
- Strong relationship management and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written business communications, listening skills, simplifying details and requests. Creative writing and business English skills.
- Remaining poised and professional under pressure.
- Mastery of tools, systems, and best practices; presentation and computation programs (Google Drive, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel); and current social networking systems (Slack, Wiki Pages, Workday, etc.).
Mozilla is a global and highly diverse organization chock-full of deeply talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are meaningful, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.