Senior Software EngineerApply for this job
- Remote Canada, Toronto, Vancouver
At Mozilla we strive to make Firefox the best browser for users. Everyday we are delivering and measuring changes for millions of Firefox users to improve their experience. Are you passionate about automation? Do you want to work in the open, at scale, in a focused team? The Product Delivery team builds tools for managing change control at scale and we need your help.
You will be working with a diverse group of engineers, product managers and data scientists to ship and test features faster and safer. Our goal is to empower our colleagues in making Firefox products better than ever.
As a member of the Product Delivery team you will:
- Build services that power desktop Firefox features
- Build APIs accessed by millions of users daily
- Contribute to the Firefox code base
- Maintain high code quality and development standards
- Build a transparent, user-auditable system as part of the Mozilla open source project
Your Professional Profile:
- BS/MS in CS, CE or 3+ years relevant work experience
- Thorough understanding of the Web’s underlying technologies
- A strong programmer with experience building APIs and web services
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and be interested in learning new things. You will have the opportunity to grow technically across the stack with mentorship from senior peers across the organization. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Building change control, monitoring or software update systems
- OAuth, cryptography and security best practices
- Network services programming with C, rust or golang
- Service reliability engineering and scaling web services
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in Europe or North America. You must have work authorization in one of these countries (we cannot hire anyone on a student visa at this time). We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes child care assistance.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.