Senior User Experience ResearcherApply for this job
- Emerging Markets
Mozilla Taipei UX team is seeking an experienced researcher with a passion for uncovering user needs using a range of research techniques–but primarily focused on qualitative methods. We are ultimately seeking a researcher who is empathetic toward and truly interested in people. You should have the skills to engage with people at a deep level to understand their experiences, motivations, and behaviors - and be passionate about representing users' perspectives to others.
This position will need to work in Taipei office and can not work remotely.
As a User Experience Researcher at Mozilla, you will…
- Work with UX designers, product managers, and engineers to understand needs and prioritize research projects.
- Work closely with researchers across the globe to conduct foreign research projects.
- Quickly develop clear and detailed research proposals and plans that outline study goals, project scope, target participants, and appropriate evaluative and generative research methods.
- Conduct in-context fieldwork and moderate research sessions.
- Organize and effectively analyze user behavior employing both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Develop research materials (interview protocols, usability test scripts, surveys, etc.).
- Write and present research findings and insights to cross-disciplinary teams in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Coordinate participant recruitment, screener development, and scheduling.
- Advanced degree, or equivalent experience, in design, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or related field.
- At least 3 - 5 years of work experience in a user research setting.
- A strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase. You should be conversant with a diverse set of methodologies including user testing, cognitive walk-throughs, 1:1 user interviews, remote testing, field studies, and surveys. Further, we encourage you to be innovative and experimental in your approach and methodology.
- Experience with organizing and leading interviews with individual participants and facilitating group co-creation sessions and analogous activities.
- Able to connect insights to design, brand, technical requirements, and product strategy.
- Flexible and efficient – You are comfortable exercising a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to conducting a project, synthesizing insights, and informing opportunities.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Mandarin.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.