Legal Intern (Summer 2019)Apply for this job
- Mountain View, San Francisco
As a Legal Intern at Mozilla, you will work on cutting edge product, commercial, policy, and business issues at a company that creates products aimed at maximizing the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all, such as Firefox. We are a small, diverse, elite team of people working on complex and varied legal issues across the entire company. Your daily responsibilities will touch on multiple areas of law, from intellectual property, privacy, and litigation to contracts, corporate governance, and employment issues.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work. It’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our internship program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by somebody brilliant to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
Below is a small snapshot of the work we do to give you an idea about some of the big things you could do at Mozilla.
As a Legal Intern at Mozilla, you will…
- Research legal issues related to privacy, intellectual property, and intermediary liability as well as internet and commercial law
- Brief the legal team on new laws, decisions, and regulations that will affect the company
- Assist with drafting commercial agreements
- Currently enrolled in a law degree (J.D. or L.L.M.) program at an ABA-accredited law school, with graduation date of December 2019 and onward
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for technology-related legal issues
- Excellent research and writing skills
- An interest and willingness to address the broader policy and technology challenges to Mozilla’s mission of advancing the open web
- Strong communications and social skills
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology
- The flexibility and energy to help with all aspects of Mozilla’s legal work
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.