Senior Generalist, People OperationsApply for this job
- People & Organizational Development
- Mountain View, San Francisco
We’re looking for a driven HR professional whose developed strong Workday skills to join our People Operations team and make a company-wide impact. You enjoy figuring out how to make HR better. You’re obsessed with better ways to serve employees through process and technology. In particular, you geek out on Workday and see the platform as a clear career choice for professional development. Your goal is to find opportunities that will build on your current experience with new opportunities that will allow you to advance your knowledge and skills of HR and Workday.
Your job is to make us faster, more accurate and efficient. As such, this role is a hybrid between an HR generalist and an HRIS Analyst. The successful candidate will lead discrete projects to improve the Mozilla Workday tenant and the HR business processes and associated documentation. This requires the ability to roll up the sleeves and lead less experienced staff by example on how to most effectively employ Workday to transact business processes and events along the employee lifecycle. This requires deep practical experience of Workday, from hiring employees, onboarding, position management, worker mobility, merit & bonus cycles, and termination.
The role also requires a strong understanding of the HR processes associated with these representative events and how they are designed in Workday. The Analyst duties are to identify areas of Workday business process improvement. Then, to apply Workday knowledge and experience to propose and even design enhanced business processes, report creation, the development of dashboards or scorecards. This role will have administrative rights in Workday to create and test improvement ideas in the different Mozilla Workday tenants. The intent is to improve the overall of managers, Mozillians and the People team in reducing administration friction across the employee lifecycle.
- A fantastic collaborator who truly enjoys making operations better for others
- 6 years of HR Coordinator and Generalist experience, or equivalent
- High level of data entry, accuracy and familiarity with developing efficiency of process
- Comfortable with mapping and HR process to identify trouble areas
- Strong understanding of HR principles, tactics and techniques
- Expert in identifying areas where human v. Workday processes breakdown
- 5 years of Workday experience in all stages of the employee lifecycle as a user and tester of what HRIS teams build for client groups
- Competent Workday report developer, navigator and user
- We’d love it if you had experience having designed and built dashboards and scorecards in Workday that represent critical business processes, data or events
Profile - desired
- Trusted with highly sensitive information
- Comfortable taking the initiative and developing new solutions to old problems
- Uncomfortable with meh status quo or mediocrity
- Diligent, focused data entry administrator
- Moves fast without losing quality
- Creates a sense of urgency in efforts without creating chaos or drama
- Known for incredible customer orientation, customer service
- Is interested in continuous professional development
Education - desired
- BS. in Human Resources, psychology, liberal studies, or economics.
- Workday HCM Fundamentals, Compensation Fundamentals, Report Writer, Advanced Reporting, Business Process Design
- PHR Certification or equivalent
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.