Senior Director, Firefox User ExperienceApply for this job
- User Experience
- Portland, Toronto, Vancouver
The Firefox team at Mozilla builds the suite of Firefox browsers and related products to ensure user-agency, privacy, and the best possible experience of the web. To do this, we need an exceptional UX leader to grow, support, and direct an incredible team of product designers, researchers, content strategists, and design engineers.
Our ideal candidate is a strong people leader with significant experience growing, championing, and developing an in-house UX organization. You can level-up a talented quality-driven team with vision and strategy.
As a Senior Director, Firefox User Experience, you will
- Lead product design, user research, content strategy, and design engineering in building products that promote user agency and give people their best experience of the web
- Work together with Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing to deliver the best products for our users and the business
- Ensure we have a deep understanding of how our users experience our products, and that this understanding has impact on our product direction and strategy
- Develop team members as UX practitioners and leaders
- Lead UX strategy to strengthen our products, company, community, and people
- Advocate for and educate about UX process and user-focus within Mozilla and externally
- Represent Firefox and Mozilla’s design principles and values within the UX and open source communities
- Direct design and research collaboration with other industry leaders
- Collaborate across Mozilla in the evolution of the Firefox identity
Professional Profile - You have...
- 12+ years of experience in User Experience design or research
- 8+ years of experience in management or Director roles
- experience growing and managing a UX team through managers and practice leads
- a track record of linking research insights to actionable product direction
- experience Developing product design processes and scaling them
- an advanced degree, or equivalent experience, in design, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or related field
- experience with remote-first teams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.