Recommendations EditorApply for this job
- Remote US, San Francisco
At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform help more than 100M people discover and consume some of the most informative and entertaining content on the web.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, passionate, and driven Recommendations Editor to identify and surface top-notch articles and videos from across the internet. You would be directly responsible for helping millions of people who crave substance, insight, and perspective connect to stories that matter to them. Are you a voracious reader? Do you have an eye for smart, engaging content? Can you demonstrate superb editorial judgment? If yes, you might be the right person for this job.
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As a Recommendations Editor at Pocket, you’ll be responsible for elevating our work to this commitment. This role is critical to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Spotlight and promote great content across all of Pocket’s recommendation products;
- Abide by and refine Pocket’s curation guidelines and strategy to maintain a high bar of quality and diversity in our recommendation products;
- Collaborate with our product, marketing, engineering, data, and sales teams to ensure our recommendation products align with Pocket’s mission and curation guidelines;
- Work with publishers, content creators, and influential Pocket users to pursue new opportunities for high-quality content on the web to thrive and reach new audiences;
- Explore new ideas and concepts to further develop how Pocket’s recommendation products help people consume stories worthy of their time and attention.
What you already have:
- You possess superb editorial judgement and sensibilities;
- You’ve been working for 2+ years in content creation, editorial, moderation, or curation roles;
- You can both strategize and ideate at a very high level and “get your hands dirty” in the details to get things done;
- You have a sophisticated understanding of the evolving media landscape;
- You have top-notch display copy skills -- grounded in the understanding that framing a story is key for maximum reader engagement;
- You are someone with a natural curiosity and voracious appetite for high-quality stories, perspectives, and ideas.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.