Firefox Security Student Worker (Werkstudent)Apply for this job
Firefox Security Student Worker (Werkstudent)
Mozilla is hiring a Firefox Security Student Worker (Werkstudent) into our Security Engineering team. Our headquarters are based in Mountain View, but this position will be located in Berlin, Germany.
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer or researcher, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. As part of our German Student Worker program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a talented and experienced engineer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
You will help us to improve the security of Firefox and the web in general. We offer flexible working hours and competitive compensation depending on the number of hours. You will be able to participate in our office life, including daily catered lunches and various social activities.
Team: Security Engineering
Mentor: Christoph Kerschbaumer / Johann Hofmann / Thyla van der Merwe
Location: Berlin, Germany
Target Start Date: Immediately (4. März 2019)
Duration: 1 year
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree program in a university in or around Berlin in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on security, privacy, or software development
- Available to come to our offices during regular working hours depending on your class schedule
- Basic knowledge of core web technologies and a fundamental knowledge of web security and cryptography concepts
- Speak English fluently and enjoy conducting software engineering work in the open
- Understanding of Web Application Security and Cryptography concepts
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology, strong communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.