Feel good about your work again
Firefox Mobile iOS Engineer
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to help us evolve the much loved Firefox browser for a massive iOS audience? We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
As a Mobile Engineer at Mozilla, you will:
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for large and complex mobile applications
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, crafting tests, profiling code, and mentoring others
- Become proficient with our Swift code base
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
Your Professional Profile
- You have experience building and shipping native iOS mobile applications
- You have strong coding skills in Swift
- You have the ability to learn and be effective with a large code base
- You are familiar with writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- You have familiarity with mobile product analytics
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to speak to candidates who also have experience with or want to learn more about: open source, the web, identity, privacy, and protecting users.
If you have different mobile experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process, and diversity and inclusion among its staff and volunteers. We welcome and encourage participation by everyone. It doesn’t matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you: we welcome you. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Engineering: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment