Feel good about your work again
Technical Sourcer (Contract)
- People & Organizational Development
Imagine your job was to help grow an organization whose only mission was to protect the world's most important and powerful resource. Imagine playing a small but critical role in keeping the Internet open and accessible -- a place where users have control and choice. Imagine working with us, Mozilla Recruiting.
Our small and mighty recruiting team is looking for a Senior Technical Sourcer to join our ranks. Our Sourcers are our secret weapons in building talent pipelines by focusing exclusively on talent sourcing and engagement.
We're acutely focused on providing exceptional experiences, both internally and externally. We work closely together to create a positive and fun environment that empowers our recruiters to look beyond “making a hire” to building an organization.
The ideal person will be experienced enough to make a change in stride, open-minded, observant, and bold enough to speak up when they have a great new idea to share with the team.
- Serve as a front-facing representative of Mozilla, and strive to make the first impression of our organization an exceptional one
- Evaluate candidates for availability, interest level, visa status, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications
- Manage outbound facing engagement including Linkedin, job boards, social media, meetups, and other events
- A consistent and successful approach to retaining relationships with talent base via events and email
- Ability to source potential Mozillians based on a job profile that fits the general needs of the organization (Sourcing cannot be solely dependent on skills and keyword matching)
- Conduct pre-screens to identify areas where potential hires would be most impactful in the org, and create an ongoing relationship until that role opens up
- Provide impeccable customer service to senior members of the team, enabling each full cycle recruiter to tap into your expertise in finding, attracting, and engaging talent
- Deliver market data to team members, increasing understanding of the market at any point in time, or in any location. Extra Credit Points for having sourced in international markets, like Berlin, Paris or London
- Sourcer with experience working in a dedicated Sourcing role (not blend of Sourcing and Recruiting)
- Sourcer with in-house experience
- Results-driven acts with a strong sense of urgency
- Builds a positive and empowering work environment
- Demonstrates a growth mindset around taking risks and evaluating results
- Confirmed ability to adapt to various groups and establish a common ground to effectively influence others
- You want to do more than put resumes in a pipeline, you want to have a seat at the table helping our recruiters strategize with their leadership on each hire.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- AIRS Certification
- 4+ years of fast-paced high volume technical recruiting experience required
- 3-4 years validated Technical Sourcing skills
- You love data and enjoy the opportunity to research/understand/ and discuss at a high level all types of web development technologies
- You offer experience in successfully building relationships ( in sales, recruiting, or other relationship-based models)
- You demonstrate an understanding of the consumer web space and articulate the landscape
- You excel at building positive business relationships
- You enjoy working independently and driving results proactively
- You are known for your attention to detail
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
People & Organizational Development: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment