Feel good about your work again
Junior Community Manger (Contract)
- Berlin, Paris, Remote Europe, Remote Germany
Mozilla is looking for a junior community manager contractor to support a number of Mozilla’s most crucial foundational community processes and programs.
Roles & Responsibilities will include:
- Community Operations Support - Reviewing and vetting requests for resources (swag, money) and access (NDA, Slack). Coordinate and improve the process for reimbursement of expenses and distribution of swag for volunteers. Timely effective distribution and compliance with Mozilla policies.
- Mozillian Community Coordination and Support - Run on the ground coordination for community programs (including Mozilla Reps), support community events and calls. Spend time supporting the health of the community by responding to inquiries, offering guidance, moderating channels and mediating disputes.
- Campaign support - Help spread awareness of activate campaigns by running outreach and engaging contributors in Activate campaigns by reaching out directly to core volunteers, ensuring participation and engaging new communities to participate.
Community Operations Supports
- Reviews, assigns and resolves budget and gear requests for volunteers
- Review and distribute budget and gear on behalf of individual staff, teams, and programs.
- Evaluates and make improvement suggestions for budget and services processes.
- Works closely with finance to make payments for approved community expenses (events, community spaces, swag, all hands travel, etc.)
- Works together with swag vendor and the community to produce gear and maintain regional swag warehouse.
- Creates a monthly report on progress and compliance with SOPs
- Enforcing accountability after events (including the All Hands)(submission of reports, photos and receipts)
- Support and coordinate community members who are distributing resources by ensuring they are consistently applying mozilla policies.
- Manage the process for staff & contributors requests for contributor access to the NDA & Slack Access groups including on-boarding, annual renewals, training for new admins, curator renewals, staff transitions and support.
- Work closely with the marketing team to manage community mailing lists (including NDA, Mozillians and Campaigners) through salesforce.
Mozillian Community Coordination and Support
- Regularly posting, monitoring and maintaining community social media accounts including twitter and facebook accounts.
- Organizing and facilitating community calls i.e. the reps calls.
- Monitoring and responding to inquiries from the community on platforms like telegram, email, slack and discourse.
- Support coordination for volunteers participating in All Hands.
Activate Campaign support
- You will promote campaigns by writing and sharing information with the community via blog, discourse, telegram, email etc.
- You will work with internal teams to draft community-appropriate emails.
- You will pull reports and data from salesforce.
- You will follow up with communities in social channels.
- You will contribute to the promotion of the activate campaigns via our communication channels
Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to create sophisticated spreadsheets (and airtables).
- Efficient and timely in their work.
- Skilled administrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Familiarity with social media tools.
- Ability to work with a distributed team.
- Experience working with diverse global communities.
- Knowledge of inclusive practices for community building including code of conduct enforcement.
- Socially intelligent
- Being able to continually adopt and work independently
Familiarity with Salesforce, Airtable, Slack, Github, Social Tools (hootsuite etc.) is an asset but not required.
- 1-2 years of professional community management experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Innovation: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment