Feel good about your work again
Back-end Web developer (Contract)
- Berlin, Portland, Remote Canada, Remote US, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
Mozilla is looking for a Back-end Web Developer (with DevOps experience) for MDN to help us with maintaining and evolving the open-source platform behind the web standard documentation developers love. On MDN, we strive to provide developers with the information they need to easily build on the open web using standards, and we have a real passion for helping our fellow developers.
As a Back-end Web Developer with DevOps experience, you will work closely with team members to build and evolve MDN and its infrastructure.
- Highly experienced in back-end web development and DevOps/SRE best practices in a professional capacity, preferably on a high-volume site or web application.
- Strong experience with continuous deployment and integration using Docker, AWS (Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, IAM, etc.), Kubernetes and Jenkins CI
- Strong experience coding with Python/Django for a high-volume website
- Designing, building, and using web-based REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working with Git & GitHub
- Prior experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban or similar development methodology.
- Ability to work productively on a remote, geographically distributed team
- Share knowledge with team and mentor junior members of the team.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll be part of our developer relations team, alongside folks who create content, work on events, and do outreach directly with tech audiences around the world. Our team is mostly remote and meeting hours tend to span the Central European to the Pacific time zones (early evening in Europe/UK, morning on the West Coast of the US).
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment