Feel good about your work again
Senior UX Designer (Contract)
- Denver, Portland, Remote US, San Antonio
As a UX designer on the websites team, you’ll design new flows for our main web platform, www.mozilla.org to optimize the user experience. You’ll surface optimization opportunities to the team, design new experiences based on hypotheses you help develop, perform and analyze quick research, and ship those experiences in an agile environment. Although you’ll primarily focus on research, testing and analysis, user journeys, and optimization, you’ll also need a solid understanding of UI principles and a passion for ensuring brand consistency throughout all web touchpoints.
Duration: Full-time 3 month contract, starting ASAP
- A passionate web UX designer who asks questions, utilizes data and research in an empirical fashion, and creates user-centered experiences.
- You work on a macro and a micro level, making decisions that support both the overall experience and the individual components.
- You are well versed in both web UX and web UI and are able to contribute on both levels.
- You have experience designing and shipping consumer facing web products.
- You’re passionate about how things work and interact, and about creating a visually cohesive and well-designed experience.
- You take initiative when you identify a problem and look for opportunities to cross-sell Firefox products, services, and content throughout Mozilla’s ecosystem.
- Take in design requests, build new experiences, perform quick research, and ship those experiences in an agile environment.
- Work to publish new content on www.mozilla.org, consulting the best web practices to make sure the experience you design delivers on those standards, and design experiences by using new and old components.
- Dedicatedly seek opportunities to improve the website experience through user research including user testing at scale, surveys, and web analytics.
- Work closely with developers to update web experiences quickly using low-fidelity mockups and iterative design processes.
- Create wireframes and build prototypes to illustrate concepts and work closely with developers to build out an interaction framework.
- Use and maintain the evolving digital design system to support on-brand experiences throughout Mozilla’s web ecosystem.
- Think systemically and help create a delightful and seamless experience for the user.
- Iterate quickly and provide options to external partners.
- Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- Passion to design excellent products for humans
- 7+ years of professional experience in user experience design
- Facility with web design tools, including Sketch, InVision, and the like
- Strong portfolio of web and user experience design, with evidence knowledge of visual design
- Experience working within agile marketing methodology and qualitative user research
- Experience working with developers in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Experience Design, Interaction Design or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience designing and shipping digital consumer-facing products and interaction systems
- Experience designing for diverse audiences of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Experience working on a distributed team, ideally with agency experience
- Any ability to code in HTML/CSS/JS.
- Strong visual design knowledge:
- Type, color, layout, hierarchy
- Iconography and illustration
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment