Feel good about your work again
Workplace Resources Intern (Summer 2020)
- Mountain View
Mozilla is hiring a Workplace Resources Intern onto our team based in Mountain View!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features, improve Mozilla products, and explore new product directions. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, technically-curious, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects influenced by our family of Mozilla products in and outside of the Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, and mixed reality), Pocket, and more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate and someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects and make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream and boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, and painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, and Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders and fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend provided
- Flights and ground transportation to and from internship
- Work visas sponsored
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application and Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, and we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, and Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- Process starts with a resume review followed by a HackerRank challenge (technical) or document submission (non-technical).
- Upon passing, you will partake in two technical and/or behavioral interviews with team members (coding and/or situational questions are fair game) followed by a hiring manager interview and ultimately, an offer decision.
We have a position open on the following team:
Workplace Resource Management Intern (Mountain View, CA)
The Workplace Resources team (WPR) at Mozilla is responsible for supporting the operations and maintenance of our global facilities. Our team supports all departments that contribute to the open internet and the Mozilla mission. Our program focuses on vendor management and customer service and uses tools like Service Now, Google suite and MS Office. We are also key partners in cultivating the culture and climate of our offices by curating events and experiences that resonate with our local offices.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Business, Communications or a related discipline
- Must be graduating December 2020 and onward
- Ability to read/learn Architectural floor plans
- Flexibility to help with all aspects of Mozilla's facility management and construction support work
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google presentation tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with how to access and employ a variety of resources
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently and collaboratively in a team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Operations: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment