Feel good about your work again
Senior Admin Assistant - SVP New Markets
- People & Organizational Development
- San Francisco
Mozilla Corporation is searching for an Executive Assistant to partner with our SVP New Markets. This poised and polished C-level Executive Assistant practices outstanding effective communications; unquestionable discretion and confidentiality; and independent judgment in the planning, prioritization, and execution of strategic projects, tasks, demands, and assignments that support both internal and external stakeholders.
The exceptional candidate demonstrates strong leadership acumen; has a collaborative work style; is very well organized; and effectively multi-tasks and prioritizes in a changing business environment. This position requires extensive use of communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitative, and written/verbal. The selected Executive Assistant must be proficient and poised in a fast paced, high demand organization and operates with impeccable professional finesse; flawless accuracy and quality assurance; and drives to innovative results through complex problem-solving skills.
The position is based in our San Francisco Office and the successful candidate will be expected to work from the office location. The SVP, New Markets leads a team half based in the United States and half based in Taipei.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Executive Assistant support to the SVP New Markets and the New Markets org
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company; and handles information and details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Collects and prepares critical information to be used in projects, tasks, and daily assignments for use in discussions/meetings of internal executive leaders and their staff and key external stakeholders.
- Uses discretion to make decisions on projects and programs that support the SVP, New Markets and ensures projects and programs required for the SVP, New Market’s success are driven to completion.
- Leads medium to major projects on behalf of the SVP, New Markets, including leadership team events and agendas; long-term executive calendar planning; and strategic planning.
- Leads projects across the Mozilla Executive Assistant population to achieve broad company-wide outcomes.
- Master of time management to drive executive effectiveness.
- Ability to create and edit presentation materials for executive is a plus
Innovation and Complexity
- Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of alternate solutions.
- Addresses potential problem areas for the SVP, New Markets in advance, including working across functions to ensure important stakeholders are involved in the right decisions and discussions.
- Resolves complicated work alignment across other Executive Assistants and Mozilla Teams who support the SVP, New Markets.
- Exercises impeccable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Communication and Influence
- Builds strong relationships up, across and downward in the organization.
- Reacts quickly with change and supports others through change management initiatives.
- Demonstrates unquestionable discretion on confidential information and details of a critical nature.
- Daily advanced calendaring, meeting preparations, and assisting the SVP, New Markets by anticipating their day (meeting agendas, conference/video call meeting setups, etc).
- Effective business communications with other Mozilla Senior Executives, other external C-Level Executives, and their Executive Assistants.
- Complex arrangement and coordination of international travel schedules and trip logistics.
- Financial Management: opening finance and legal tickets, tracking expenditures and overall budget maintenance in partnership with the Finance team.
- Triaging Requests: request screening, acknowledgment, routing, via email and phone and other communication means (Slack, text, etc.) all the way from beginning to request completion.
- Overall understanding and management of the company operations, policies, and procedures.
Exceptional Skills and Experience Required:
- 6 - 8+ years of high level, complex, and significant executive administration work experience for a C-level executive.
- Experience in working with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as experience with customers, vendors, visitors, and other dignitaries/stakeholders.
- Requires the in-depth knowledge and abilities to quickly learn a company culture, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Creates leverage for executives to dramatically increase their productivity.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and conflict management.
- Critical thinking, decision making, and creative problem solving skills.
- Critical anticipation, proactive, and judgment skills. Ability to quickly problem solve in a dynamic environment and “think on your feet.”
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional and proven organizational, time management, and scheduling skills; attention to detail, world-class follow-through. Responsive to changing demands.
- Project management/coordination and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for developing, executing, learning, improving, and sharing best practices. Process improvement skills.
- Business meetings, strategic planning meetings, and event coordination. Ideally, experience in C-level team business and activities.
- Strong relationship management and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written business communications, listening skills, simplifying details and requests. Creative writing and business English skills.
- Remaining poised and professional under pressure.
- Mastery of tools, systems, and best practices; presentation and computation programs (Google Drive, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel); and current social networking systems (Slack, Wiki Pages, Workday, etc.).
Mozilla is a global and highly diverse organization chock-full of deeply talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are meaningful, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
People & Organizational Development: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment