Feel good about your work again
Mobile Engineering Manager (iOS)
- Toronto, Vancouver
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to think beyond a conventional Web browser and explore and build the future of the Web on mobile? We are looking for an iOS Engineering Manager to help make this happen.
As an iOS Engineering Manager:
- You lead a distributed team of 4-8 mobile software engineers.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is timely, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Communicate your team’s goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines.
- Build an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- 5 years of overall relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Ability to successfully lead and ship mobile software projects on the iOS platform.
- Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Can take initiative in a loosely structured environment and lead your team to success.
- Capability to lead geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with mobile product analytics and data driven decision making.
- Experience with the full mobile development cycle.
- Working knowledge with the Swift programming language.
- Working knowledge of iOS specific engineering practices.
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our Toronto office.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment