Feel good about your work again
Senior Commercial Counsel
- Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco
As Commercial Counsel you will work on cutting edge commercial, legal and business issues at a company that creates products aimed at maximizing the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all. You will be working as part of a small but mighty team of people that support the entire company.
As a Commercial Counsel at Mozilla, you will advise upon, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial and licensing agreements for both domestic and international deals, and advise clients across the company on commercial matters.
Your Professional Profile
- You are a member in good standing of the State Bar of California, or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house attorney.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in a law firm and ideally also have in-house legal department experience, although it is not required.
- You are experienced supporting a wide range of commercial technology agreements and vendor agreements.
- You have a proven background of great negotiating and drafting skills for commercial technology agreements and vendor agreements.
- You have an ability to provide guidance that incorporates and balances both business objectives and legal risk.
- You demonstrate a commitment to excellent client service.
- You have a good understanding of software, online technologies and services, and may have a good understanding of data privacy issues.
- You have the ability to work independently and manage many simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Legal: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment