Feel good about your work again
Rust Team Engineer
- Atlanta, Berlin, Denver, London, Mountain View, New York, Paris, Philadelphia, Portland, Raleigh, Remote, Remote Canada, Remote Europe, Remote Germany, Remote US, San Antonio, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
Rust is a programming language that empowers everyone to build reliable and efficient software. Rust supports easy parallel execution while statically ruling out segmentation faults, data races, and numerous other classes of bugs.
Rust is also a massive open source project with many contributors doing all sorts of things, ranging from working on the compiler to organizing events. The Rust Team at Mozilla is trying to do our part to help support and grow this friendly, diverse, and effective open source organization.
This job position is a bit unconventional. We aren't looking for a specific set of skills. What we are looking for is someone who can be involved in the Rust project, identify important problems, build a consensus around the best solutions, and help see those solutions get implemented. The nature of those problems, and solutions, however, depends a lot on you!
Given the open-ended nature of this role, we do have a specific request. As part of your application, please include a cover letter that describes the kinds of things you think you would like to work on within the Rust project. If you prefer, you could also describe a similar-sounding role that you've played in other jobs, communities, or projects.
As a member of the Rust team at Mozilla, you will...
- Work on a distributed team located all over the world
- Work in the open on an entirely open-source codebase
- Work closely with open-source volunteers and the Rust community
- Have a significant degree of autonomy and opportunity for growth
This is a senior position. Candidate should have:
- A demonstrated ability to bring conflicting viewpoints to consensus
- Expertise in their domain
- The ability to work independently within a highly remote team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment