Feel good about your work again
Junior Product Manager - Open Innovation (Contract)
- Berlin, Remote Germany
At Mozilla, we rely upon open, collaborative practices that allow our employees and multiple communities of volunteers and partners to successfully work together. Enabling and channeling community contributions into the Mozilla project requires a multitude of different processes, tools and IT infrastructure. All the work going into this effort is organized today under the Identity and Access Management project - an opportunity to redesign our processes to safely blur the lines between 'inside' and 'outside' Mozilla, according to our needs.
As a Junior Product Manager working on the Identity and Access Management project, you will help achieve this goal.
You will report directly into the product manager and you will be responsible for researching, understanding, and finally communicating the needs of the users to the product manager and eventually throughout the entire team. You will also collaborate with the Development, QA and Design teams to help identify and build new features and improve existing functionality based on user’s feedback, as well as contribute to driving both the long term and day to day product management efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with the product manager on defining and executing on the product strategy and roadmap
- Keep product documentation (roadmap, PRD’s) updated, identify and clearly communicate inside the team on risks and/or blockers
- Contribute to product releases and own post-release feedback log (triaging, prioritization)
- Help product manager build and keep the project’s online presence relevant (Wiki page, Discourse channel, Mana etc)
- Work closely with project/program manager in order to keep a clear and up to date project backlog and priorities
- Be a product evangelist throughout the organization and help maintain a clear and efficient communication with both business partners and engineering leaders
- A team-player, you are mindful of others and express great compassion
- Organized, focused, with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence multiple partners without direct authority
- Self-starter and rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and oral communication skills with tried ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Innovation: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment