Feel good about your work again
Junior Designer (Contract)
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet a healthy public resource for all. By building innovative products and technologies, and engaging people to take action, we create an outsized impact in the world. We always place people ahead of profits.
The Mozilla creative team delivers the visual and verbal expression of the Firefox brand. We craft experiences that attract interest, enlighten users, and make our products beloved. You will work with fellow brand, product, social, PR, events, and communications team members to build content and experiences that spread our story to like-minded people all over the world.
Firefox is more than a browser: it’s a whole family of products designed to help you safely navigate your relationship with technology, so you can own your data and your digital life. We’ve just debuted our new brand system, and are exploring new ways to deepen our relationship with users. It’s an exciting time to join us as we seek to amplify our impact, fight for peoples’ rights online, and help protect the internet for future generations.
About The Role
Initially, this role will focus on working closely with our Head of Brand Design and the Growth team to refine, expand, systemize, and bring to life the Firefox brand expression across mobile and desktop touchpoints. You will help conceptualize, develop, and implement our visual assets to drive the growth of Firefox's potential new and active user base.
Once you and your Growth teammates decide what goals to tackle, you'll review creative briefs and request refinements that will help you do your best work. You’ll flex your imagination and creativity as you come up with concepts that answer the strategic objectives, and then make those ideas a reality with your design and copy partners. The Head of Design and your Growth team leads will provide daily direction and support on the drafts you produce, so you can sharpen your strategic design approach.
This full-time, contract position is based in Berlin.
You are a hardworking designer with a strong and diverse portfolio showcasing experience across a variety of mediums, including digital, print, and web. You’re comfortable asking questions, interested in data and research, and looking to create user-centered experiences. You think on a macro and a micro level — making decisions that support both the system and the individual component. You are proficient in creating digital experiences and can contribute from concept to final production. You have experience designing and shipping consumer-facing digital media as well as working on one-off projects that may include communications, social, and print components. You’re passionate about how things work and interact, and about crafting a visually cohesive and well-designed experience.
Regardless of the assignment, you’ll find your own way to embody and express the Firefox personality: Radical, Opinionated, Open and Kind.
As a Junior Designer here at Mozilla, you’ll...
- Help with intake and shape project strategy, process, and goals.
- Work closely with Design Leads, Producer, Creative Director, and key partners to understand the requirements of a creative brief, develop concepts, iterate quickly, and ship experiences in a digital and print framework.
- Think systemically and help build a pain-free and delightful experience for the user.
- Demonstrate solutions to external partners and adapt quickly to feedback.
- Advocate for the importance of user-centered design and quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
Your Professional Profile
- 2-3 years of professional experience in graphic design
- Passion to design excellent experiences for humans
- Strong portfolio of interaction, visual design, and typography
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent communication skills (or relevant experience)
- Experience crafting and advertising campaign assets
- Experience working collaboratively and in the open
- Ability to prioritize, handle the workload and meet project deadlines
- Fluent in English and German; knowledge of French a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment