Feel good about your work again
Email Marketing Specialist
Mozilla is a community of engineers, designers, makers and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as open source, with a clear focus on making the web better. We are currently hiring an Email Marketing Specialist Contract role based in Germany or the United Kingdom.
Working with us, you’ll help build amazing experiences and help us tell our story to a growing audience.
Mozilla isn’t just a phenomenal place to work. It’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. From the hardworking people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other. To be part of the team, we ask that you be awesome, intelligent, and proud to be moving the mission forward.
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the execution of Mozilla’s email engagement programs. These programs are designed specifically to send the right message, to the right individual at the right time, to improve their experience with Firefox products, based upon their preferences, interests and interactions with us.
As an Email Marketing Specialist at Mozilla,
- You will ensure the success of Mozilla/Firefox email programs in key product languages
- Support the creative copy and visual direction for personalized user journeys based on email channel standard methodologies and evidence-based optimization
- Help build and implement HTML within the team
- You will write SQL queries to target high-priority audiences
- You will conduct A/B testing
- You will measure the impact and success of the email programs through the monitoring of vital metrics (in collaboration with the Metrics team)
- Collaborate with Lifecycle Marketing and Project Teams to find opportunities to improve email critical metrics, and test hypotheses
- Identify and prioritize email engagement programs with the most potential return on investment
Your Professional Profile
- 2 to 4+ years of experience in email marketing acquisition and retention, ideally with a consumer-facing brand
- Strong knowledge of email standard methodologies: including email deliverability, a/b testing, multifaceted content, responsive HTML/CSS design
- Experience operating (ExactTarget) Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or similar marketing automation/ESP platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A clear understanding of email QA practices
- Proactive and attentive to details
- Passion for metrics and data analysis
- Proficient in MySQL is a must
- Proficient in ExactTarget’s AMPscript is a plus
- Experience working in a sprint format/agile environment a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.open-source
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment