Feel good about your work again
- Emerging Markets
Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. We make browsers, apps, code and tools that put people before profit. To enable more people to enjoy the power of the open Web, Mozilla continues to invest in strengthening product lines and building strategic partnerships across Asia.
We are looking for a top-notch Android Application Engineers to help us shape the position of Mozilla in Asia.
As an Android Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve features in medium to large and complex Android app.
- Uphold standards for quality by performing peer reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code.
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed development team.
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community, which includes mentoring contributors.
Your Professional Profile
- 1-3 years in Android application development
- Strong coding skills in Java, Kotlin
- Experience in building and shipping quality Android applications
- Basic understanding of web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- Ability to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Emerging Markets: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment