Feel good about your work again
Staff People Data Analyst
- People & Organizational Development
- Atlanta, Denver
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
You're joining Mozilla at just the right time to lead a People Analytics program. This new, full-time role will drive a cross-functional program to deliver data insights across the employee lifecycle – from first touch during recruiting to an employee’s last day at Mozilla, and beyond.
The role has three areas of focus: data integrity, reporting and visualization, and strategic project support.
First, it's all about the data. Working with our HRIS and other teams, you’ll specify critical data requirements and quality measures needed to produce high quality intelligence products. You don't need deep technical skills, just proven knowledge, and experience on how data needs to be best organized for cool rendering.
You'll build engaging intelligence products. Armed with accurate data, you'll develop and curate intelligence products such as unique reports, dashboards, and presentations on a predictable cadence. Rest assured, this isn’t a reporting role; we’ve got a phenomenal team that already does standard Workday and Greenhouse reporting. Where you get to shine is applying your knowledge of visualization tools, like Tableau, advanced Excel skills with modeling, and other presentation methods. Your high-quality quality work products will support decision-makers, program owners, managers, and employees to make sound and timely decisions.
There's also strategic project work. You’ll work with the Senior Director for People Operations and other executives on data-driven projects like location strategy and other company level projects that require data driven approaches in solving employment problems and opportunities.
In this role, you will…
- Lead the People Analytics Program, focused on data curation, automated intelligence, and knowledge generation.
- Analyze people data through the employee journey to better understand trends and relationship between variables.
- Build predictive insights for the organization.
- Employ new research techniques and tools to take full advantage of data-sets.
- Specify, design, build, and quality check a wide array of publication-ready data visualizations and reporting products.
- Build credible relationships with the curators and users of our data.
- Combine your own research, our data, and our client’s requirements into successful projects.
Skills and Preferences
- 5+ years in a data analyst role assembling disparate data and delivering data insights, Finance or HR Finance experience would be awesome
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau. Completion of Tableau Desktop I, II, and III training a huge plus!
- 2+ years delivering insights in executive presentations, dashboards, and reports
- 2+ years working with HR or People data-sets preferred, but if you have strong financial planning, those will work too
- 2-3+years working remote/home office and/or experience with a distributed employee culture and work locations
- Workday and Greenhouse platform experience desired, but not required - just an aptitude for learning and applying technology reporting
- Strong analytical aptitude and experience with statistical methods
- High level of knowledge and experience with data quality measures and approaches used to ensure high-quality output and assurance
- Strong SQL experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can think independently and glean insights from data with little direction
- Passion for data-based decision making and an ability to see the ‘bigger-picture’
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
People & Organizational Development: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment