Feel good about your work again
Senior Consumer & Market Insights Researcher, Audience Insights
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide group of volunteers, and with a mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible to all. We drive impact through our products, technology and people by advocating for individuals’ online lives and on their behalf for the health of the Internet.
Our ideal candidate will want to help teams understand people better, be passionate about data and using it to inspire change, and have a knack for translating data in a way that inspires others.
This Audience Insights team (part of the Marketing organization) focuses on understanding Mozilla’s key audiences. You will generate, collect, analyze and translate data into shareable, relatable insights which will impact how the teams within marketing, as well as within the organization, will craft their work. You will help teams see their work through the audience’s eyes and influence how we engage with our audiences better.
Some types of research you’ll be involved with include:
- Designing surveys as well as processing, analyzing and visualizing survey data.
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of marketing studies such as Brand lift studies, A/B testing, messaging and concept testing etc
The role is based in Berlin.
The Consumer & Market Insights Researcher will be responsible for conducting research, acquiring and analyzing audience-related qualitative and quantitative data to drive insights and actionable business recommendations. They will be intimately familiar with data and are able to balance ad-hoc data requests. Specifically, they will:
- Partner with key Marketing team members (Brand, Communications, Product Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Creative), Advocacy, Emerging Technologies, Data Science and Firefox as a resource for data and insights related to our key audiences.
- Lead all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key collaborators to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Analyze and synthesize disparate information from primary and secondary research to our global brand tracker tool and product usage data to derive actionable insights that lead to brand/marketing wins and help our team better understand our users.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, strong story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present easily digestible presentations and evangelize results and recommendations to teams.
Your Professional Profile
- Track record of framing problems and creatively using research methods to answer questions to meet business objectives
- Broad and deep research experience across qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and keen analytical abilities, expertise with Excel and Qualtrics, and one or more statistical computing packages/environments (R, Python, or SPSS)
- Strategic thinker that can interpret data and communicate findings recommendations in an accessible way
- Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation), organization and time management
- Enjoys working in a cross-functional team, and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and work across multiple projects and teams
- Proactive, curious, adaptable, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in a Market Research, Consumer Insights or Data Analyst role
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Marketing: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment