Feel good about your work again
Sr. Finance Manager, APAC
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a talented Sr. Finance Manager reporting to the Global Controller! You will translate concepts, develop strategy, implement change, build programs responsive to the external environment and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together!
As a Sr. Finance Manager, APAC, you will…
- Be responsible for leading the APAC Finance organization. Working closely with the Global Controller, establish team structure, roles and responsibilities for the APAC region.
- Be responsible for directing, coordinating, and maintaining an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the APAC region.
- Play a critical role in establishing and implementing process and accounting policies and serves as a resource in all aspects of regional finance and accounting including payroll operations.
- Ensure that all business activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and company procedures.
- Develops financial statements, closes books accurately and efficiently, and finds opportunities to improve processes through automation, standardization, etc.
- Ensures strong internal control measures by establishing or upgrading control policies
- Supports business on the accounting treatment of transactions and their impact on financial statements
- Support implementation of changing and emerging standards (e.g., IAS, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Understands tax implications for transactions that involve multiple entities and different types of organizations
- Sees opportunities to simplify, standardize, and improve internal processes
- Responds to audit and tax queries and adjustments with supporting documents
- Files direct and indirect tax returns with the correct set of supporting documents
- Familiar with regional payroll operations
- Support global FP&A team in its Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, including coordinating all planning activities for the regional teams
Your Professional Profile
- Regional finance leadership experience in a complex multinational organization
- Strong business acumen, change management and continuous improvement champion
- Subject matter expert in multiple verticals in the finance and accounting discipline
- Ability to lead, manage, and work with a geographically distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Exceptional team leadership skills and ability to develop, engage, and evaluate team members
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 7+ years’ experience, CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred
- Bring positive influence on culture and value for Mozilla Finance
- Have strong technical domain know-how to coach and strengthen the team
- Understand how to be effective and influential in a global team
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to chaos
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan insightful roadmaps
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Finance: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment