Feel good about your work again
Product Manager - Firefox Reality (VR/AR)
- Emerging Technologies
- Atlanta, Berlin, Denver, Philadelphia, Portland, Remote, Remote Canada, Remote Germany, Remote US, Toronto
The Emerging Technologies team at Mozilla is working to enable collaborative, high performance virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications on the web. Our goal is to enable users to have compelling and safe experiences in this new technology area. One key part of that is the web browser - what are the user, device, and platform needs in order to deliver those experiences?
Using our experience and technology from the WebVR, Servo, and WebAssembly projects, as well as years of experience with AR, we are developing solutions for cross-platform VR and AR. We are looking for a product manager to be responsible for defining and shipping browsers across desktop, mobile, and standalone VR and AR platforms that delight our users and enable content creators to deliver and monetize great content.
- Define, lead, and prioritize the product experience and use cases for Firefox Reality
- Support early product validation and user research
- Be a key point of contact and the internal voice for users
- Work with the Head of Platform Strategy to incorporate Firefox Reality into the overall Mixed Reality program
- Define product goals and build the experiments to rapidly evaluate their success
- Maintain regular product landmark and status tracking reporting
- Work on a distributed team, across many time zones
- Partner with community, other Mozilla teams, and our corporate partners
- Ability to drive technically-focused teams to shipping successful consumer-facing products from ideation through design, development and implementation
- Understanding of modern web development and the browser ecosystem
- Strong technical understanding of some of VR; AR; 3D graphics; controllers
- Strong networking skills; good industry and community contacts are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to balance a variety of tasks, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
A lot of companies say they’re "driven by the mission" Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Emerging Technologies: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment