Feel good about your work again
Senior Accountant (contractor- 2020/4/6-2020/7/31)
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet. To that end, we are developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy.
To further our transformation, we are seeking a talented Senior Accountant Contractor (2020/4/6-2020/7/31) to join our Taiwan based accounting team. In this role you will report directly to the Global Controller and be responsible for the local accounting in Taiwan as well as regional accounting support. If you love building things, making an impact, and owning processes, this is a role for you!
As a Senior Accountant at Mozilla, you will...
- Perform monthly close, including relevant G/L entries and analysis for assigned areas
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis
- Assist with banking topics, including weekly payment runs, liquidity management, and reconciliation
- Initiate regular VAT / GST filings and maintain compliance checklists
- Perform vendor management and accounts payable functions
- Where needed, maintain relationships with local advisory teams on compliance topics (tax, other reporting)
- Search continually for process optimization
- Perform limited technical research within assigned areas
Your professional profile
- Minimum 3 years progressively advancing experience. Past experience in a global organization a plus.
- Love for discovering new things; never satisfied with the status quo
- Highly organized, team player, and a clear communicator
- Experience in VAT, GST, and other compliance filings a plus
- Knowledge of local accounting rules; exposure to US GAAP a plus
- Experience in an ERP system, especially Oracle, NetSuite, or Sage Intacct a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- BA / BS degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience
- Able to handle responsibility with limited supervision
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finance: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment