Feel good about your work again
Student Worker: Firefox Password Manager
Team: Security Engineering
Mentor: Matthew Noorenberghe, Johann Hofmann, & Ethan Tseng
Location: Berlin, Germany
Target Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 1 year
Mozilla is hiring a Firefox Password Manager Student Worker (Werkstudent) into our Security Engineering team. Our headquarters are based in Mountain View, but this position will be located in Berlin, Germany.
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. Mozilla works in fishbowl known as the open-source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features and improvements in Firefox. To be part of the team, we ask that you be technically-curious, a capable and always-interested-in-learning-more programmer or researcher, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
Mozilla isn’t just a phenomenal place to work, it’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career! As a member of our German Student Worker program, you’ll have the opportunity to be mentored one-on-one by a hardworking and experienced engineer, to impact the projects you’ll collaborate on, and to never be bored. Ever. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other.
You will help us to improve the security of Firefox and the web in general. We offer flexible working hours and competitive compensation depending on the number of hours. You will be able to participate in our office life, including daily catered lunches and various social activities.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree program in a university in or around Berlin in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on security, user interface, or software development
- Available to come to our offices during regular working hours depending on your class schedule
- Basic knowledge of core web technologies and a fundamental knowledge of web security and password manager concepts
- Speak English fluently and enjoy conducting software engineering work in the open
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology, strong communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Engineering: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment