Feel good about your work again
Senior Staff Network Security Lead
- Mountain View
Despite all of the amazing benefits that the Web has brought the world, something today feels broken. A complex ecosystem of advertisers, data brokers, and technology companies collects and share data about nearly every interaction we have by tracking our behaviour online. This is counter to what we believe is fundamental to the health of the web and to a healthy society: that all users deserve a private and secure experience. Mozilla has a long history of fighting for consumer privacy and security through Firefox, a product used by hundreds of millions of people, globally. As a network security lead, you will be working closely with networking, privacy and security development teams to architect and develop cutting edge network security features and services to protect our users.
This role will lead Mozilla’s efforts to build secure networking protocols for Firefox:
- Tech lead the implementation of standardized protocols such as QUIC, TLS (and extensions), DoH, FPN, etc. and their integration into Firefox
- Collaborate with the CTO team to design and standardize new networking and security technologies
- Assist with the design of bespoke secure communications protocols inside Mozilla
This role has a significant software engineering component. The ideal candidate will have an extensive development background implementing network protocols as well as experience in the design and standardization of those protocols. They should have strong experience in at least one systems programming language (C/C++, Rust). This role also involves the design and implementation of standardized protocols and so candidates should have extensive experience with writing and implementing protocol specifications in the standards' context. Experience tech leading small teams is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Engineering: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment