Feel good about your work again
Software Engineer- C#/WPF/.net (6-month contract)
- Emerging Markets
The Firefox Private Network team is building a secured, privacy focused VPN product . We are responsible for building the backend servers and also client applications on the majority platform which includes Windows, Android, iOS. We are looking for the type of software engineer who wants to collaborate with other driven, committed team members to help bring the protected internet to millions of people. Do you have experience with C# and VPN product? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
As a member of the team, you will be able to develop network/platform focused features that all of our users see, helping make the VPN client more usable, accessible, and beautiful over time.
Our team welcomes various experiences from every platform. An interest in learning new techniques, tools, and skills with a curiosity for reading lots of existing code is critical to success.
As a Software Engineer at Mozilla, you will...
- Write new VPN client features, improve existing features, and write tests to mitigate against future regressions
- Improve the VPN client from both visual & user experience by implement animation, transition, flow change,, with a focus on performance, network connectivity, and stability
- Providing feedbacks of monitoring network performance and service availability
- Help triage, test and fix reported bugs, reducing them to root causes and exploring potential solutions
- Participate in regular code reviews, team meetings, and planning sessions
- Pair with engineers from other platforms for better product feature
Your Professional profile
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or similar field
- Experience developing software in WPF/.net on Windows platform
- Strong motivation to learn new tools and techniques for improving existing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to quickly learn and be effective with a large code base
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Experience with debugging and working in a low level networking product
- Familiarity with some scripting languages such as Window PowerShell
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Emerging Markets: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment