Feel good about your work again
QA Engineer (6-month contract)
- Emerging Markets
Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. We make browsers, apps, code and tools that put people before profit. Are you passionate about mobile and web applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to help us evolve the innovative Firefox VPN (https://fpn.firefox.com/vpn) product for a massive Android/iOS/Windows audience? We are looking for a QA Engineer to help make this happen.
As a QA engineer (6-month contract) at Mozilla, you will…
- Define test flow and test cases on Windows 10 application testing according to UI/UX spec.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Hands-on ability on root cause identification, repeated tasks automation and building test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Collaborate with developers to improve workflow and build a comprehensive picture of test coverage, release velocity and production health.
Your Professional Profile
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows environments and a basic understanding of OSI Model.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Having experience in networking / VPN application would be a plus.
- Coding experience in C#, .NET framework or Go would be a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Emerging Markets: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment