Feel good about your work again
Principal Product Manager
- Product Management
- Portland, Remote Canada, Remote US, Toronto, Vancouver
Would you like to help transform Firefox?
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive the evolution of Firefox. We have an experienced browser development team ready to work with you to deliver the best web browser to the world.
Our most pressing challenges include:
- growing Firefox’s user base and their engagement in our product lines,
- supporting diversification of our revenue through our products, and
- fighting the dominance of Big Tech.
Our strengths include:
- a non-profit (Mozilla) that people can trust to never abuse their data,
- a diverse and opinionated leadership team,
- high quality software (Firefox) and a high performing product development team.
Join Mozilla - a company you can be proud of as we shape the Internet!
- Define product goals and build the experiments to rapidly evaluate their success.
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term results and longer-term investment in various platforms.
- Execute on a high velocity testing program for new feature development.
- Enable yourself and your team to understand our current and potential customer needs through data & research and quickly become a key evangelist of our product.
- Effectively communicate strategic approach to leadership and our product development teams.
- Have a strong pulse on trends to respond to market changes and technology improvements that translate into advancements in Firefox.
- Lead product discovery to improve retention, acquisition and engagement with Firefox Desktop.
- Balance technical and business insight; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business.
- Build positive relationships internally and externally to instill confidence in our people and ensure confidence in and enthusiasm for Firefox.
- You will report directly to the VP of Firefox Desktop.
Preferred Qualification Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in product development.
- Experience working with consumer products (direct to customer).
- You have prior design or UX professional experience.
- You can identify customer and business problems, articulating a product vision, and writing clear requirements for an experienced team to execute on.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have led user engagement for a product with millions of users.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Product Management: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment