Feel good about your work again
Network Security Product Manager
- Product Management
- Berlin, Mountain View, Remote Canada, Remote US, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Network Security Product Manager will be a key leader and product manager for Mozilla’s work to deploy network-level security and privacy protection in the Firefox browser. This role will be responsible for the full scope of the company’s work on DNS over HTTPS (DoH), including coordination with engineering teams, product planning and management, and engagement with potential DNS partners. The role will lead community engagement, public policy discussions, and will represent Mozilla on this key initiative. In order to be successful you will need outstanding organizational skills to manage and drive sophisticated engineering processes, as well as the ability to engage in high-level policy issues and communicate effectively to external audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead product development processes for network security initiatives.
- Lead policy discussions on public forms about network security policies and specifically on policies related to the Domain Name System.
- Represent Mozilla externally with private stakeholders.
- Work with marketing and communications to draft press statements and blog posts on key network security initiatives.
- Engage with potential DNS partners and work with Mozilla Legal and Trust teams to put in place contractual or technical mitigations to address vendor privacy risks.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- 5+ years of engineering experience with web technologies
- Experience with internet regulation and policy regarding encryption, networking and data collection
- Ability to communicate product vision and strategy clearly and concisely in written form
- Public speaking and interact with the broader internet community
- Experience with oversight and auditing of commercial entities
- Experience with policy creation and implementation
- Ability to organize sophisticated product development tasks
- Strong attention to detail & Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Easily assumes ownership, accountability and works flexibility
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Product Management: Open Positions
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, Beijing, and Taipei
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs — we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment